Dancin’ Woofs On-Site Dog Daycare Consulting
As a dog daycare consultant in Bend, Oregon, I have helped countless businesses successfully launch and grow their own profitable daycares across the country. My consultation sessions and how-to seminars cover everything from business models and facility requirements to licensing needs and dog-pack dynamics. Let my research, experience, and hands-on knowledge put you on the road to running a successful and well-tuned dog daycare. When you work with me, you get:
• An ongoing relationship
• Strong business experience
• Big-picture fundamentals
• Nitty-gritty operating details
• A deep, keen understanding of dogs
On- site consulting explores all aspects of owning & operating a dog daycare business from start-up to issues that arise in established daycare settings. Every day, you will be getting hands-on training by working with our daycare dogs on pack management and handling skills.
- Understand set-up options, cost, legal and administrative aspects to starting a new daycare or add daycare into your existing boarding operations.
- Recognize your level of understanding of dog and pack dynamics in a group setting and increase your understanding of canine behavior such as arousal, prey drift, and dominance intensity.
- Identify the risk management concerns of daycare operations and methods to reduce these risks.
- Understand how to effectively train daycare staff.
Training can be tailored to your needs including all the below information or just specific subjects for your situation.
- Basic start-up considerations and how to structure the services you want to offer:
Time and commitment, finances
Business plan, licensing, zoning
Location, extra service, build-out
Dog numbers, staff, break-even point
- Trends & Profitability:
Securing your profitable investment
Benefits to you, staff, dogs and owners
- Marketing & Advertising: How to sell your concept to the public
Understanding what you’re selling
Cultivating client relationships
- Facility Set-Up:
Storefront, office, check-in
Elimination areas, clean up
Walls, floors, fencing
Toys, benches, equipment
- Application Paperwork & Intake Interviews:
Emergency care permission
Requirements for acceptance
Health and temperament forms
- Screening for Temperament:
- Temperament testing
- Policies and procedures
- First day introductions
- Ongoing evaluations
- Employees & Training:
Job description, announcement
What to look for when hiring staff
Attracting, training and retaining employees
Dog handling policies
- Play Enrichment & Large Group Pack Dynamics:
Are we creating savvy super fighters or appropriate playmates?
The role of play in canine behavior
Benevolent leadership from staff
Pack personality, positions, roles & shifts
Non-negotiable house rules
Understand arousal intensity and prey drift
Interrupters, re-directing skills
- Risk Management:
Cleaning policies and procedures
Dismissing dogs from daycare
- Daily Schedule:
New dog first day
Morning, mid-day, napping choices
End of day
Staff client communication
Accommodations & Transportation
United, Alaska/Horizon and Delta Airlines all fly into the Redmond Airport, about 20 minutes North of Bend. Roberts Field Redmond Municipal Airport (RDM)
Transportation and Airport shuttle to/from Bend:
Green Energy Transportation & Tour, LLC:John @ (541) 610-6103. Fee is $35 first person $5 for each additional with 24-hour notice. Tell him you are coming to our workshop for a $5 discount.
Bend Riverside Motel: (541) 389-2363 or (800) 284-2363
You can get the commercial rate by saying you are with Dancin’ Woofs workshop. Single/queen is $48 with tax, second person $52; or, studio/queen single is $58, plus tax, second person is $68. The studios, with balconies, overlook the river. For best river view, ask for room numbers 210-219. This motel is a 3-minute walk into downtown Bend. Transportation with Green Energy Transport to Training Center is $9 or less depending on numbers. They do take dogs for extra charge, please check for availability.