A 5 week class
First class: Without your dog, this is a classroom session addressing how dogs learn in an environment with increased distractions. This class would also be appropriate for those dogs from other programs with a good understanding of positive reinforcement training techniques.
Class Content: Learning fun life skills
Now that you and your pup have finished a Basic Class in Bend, Oregon, it’s time for the next step—learning skills and applying them to everyday life situations. Enjoy the ease of having your dog understand a larger skill-set of words, behaviors, and manners. This five-week class works with building and refining basic skills with increased distance, distractions, and duration, working off-leash (if ready), focusing on your specific goals, and impulse control. Plus:
- An overview of how dogs learn in an environment with increased distractions.
- Down and sit, from a distance, and “Relaxed Down” while you read a book, enjoy a coffee and the paper, or just hang out at home.
- Stay and come, with distractions and distance, around other dogs or tempting objects.
- Front, over, and back, placing your dog around you for safe navigation, for walking around town, jogging, riding a bike.
- Spot, teaching your dog to go to a mat or dog bed and lie quietly when someone comes to the door.
- Target work, for building new skills and a variety of tricks for fun.