Delta Society® Goals:
- Expand awareness of the positive effect animals can have on human health and development.
- Remove barriers that prevent involvement of animals in everyday life.
- Expand the therapeutic and service role of animals in human health, service, and education.
In support of the Delta Society’s® mission and goals, Compassionate Canines of Central Oregon has Pet Partner activities in the following areas:
- Alzheimer Facility Visits – Visits to residents of Alterra and Aspen Ridge.
- Dog Tales – Children to read to Pet Partners at the Bend Library.
- St. Charles Medical Center – Pet Partners visit patients on Thursday evenings.
- Hospice – Several Pet Partners are active in visiting Hospice Facilities and patients. They also participate in special programs sponsored by Hospice Organizations.
- Reading Programs at Buckingham and Elk Meadow Elementary Schools.
Pet Partners, either individually or in groups, participate in many other community activities. In order to be a Delta Society® Pet Partner, you and your pet partner must successfully complete training and testing. If you are interested or want more information, contact information is:
Training provided locally
For training information, contact:
Mare Shey, CPDT
Dancin’ Woofs Compassionate Dog Training & Daycare
Email: Mare Shey